tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cris Berneburg - US <cberneb...@caci.com>
Subject tomcat on windows 2012 weirdness
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 16:28:26 GMT
Hi Folks

I'm having trouble with my JSP web app using Tomcat 6 and 7 on Windows Server 2012.

The issue is that no matter what file I request in the browser URL, it always returns the
app welcome file, that is, the login page.  Even when requesting an image.  The one exception
is that after logging in, the main menu page appears, but none of the graphics or CSS files
load.  Clicking on the app links, it just brings up the welcome page again.  Checking the
Tomcat log files, I see that Tomcat is returning the welcome page instead of the files requested
in the main menu page.

Using the Tomcat manager, I see that my application has a ridiculous number of sessions, instead
of just one.  I interpret that for every single file requested, a new Tomcat session is being
generated and possibly invalidated.

FYI, using the same setup on Windows Server 2003 and 2008 works fine.  Opening the same firewall
ports on all three OS's has been done.  Even disabling the firewall on 2012 does not affect
the issue in any way.  And to make things even weirder, accessing the application from a browser
on the server itself using localhost works fine!

I wonder if there is some mystery setting somewhere that is crippling the app.  Got any suggestions?
 Please help.  Thanks!

--
Cris Berneburg, Lead Software Engineer
CACI, IRMA Project, 703-679-5313