tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro Manzoni <manzoni.alessand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initialise application once
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2014 13:10:36 GMT
Il 21.12.2014 13.38, Fabio Ricci ha scritto:
> Dear community
>
> I developed a tomcat JSP servlet which - say - instantiates a class,
> work with that class and gives some output back to the calling user in
> the browser.
>
> My point is instantiating the class ***once*** for every requests
> coming after this instantiation. The reason is: the class loads
> several components into memory and I would like not to do this at
> every call of this JSP servlet but just once.
>
> Where shell I put the initializing code for the "heavy" components? Is
> this possible?
>
> Thank you very much in advance!
> Fabio

Try putting an attribute inside the servlet contex in a lazy way, that
will be in the scope of the whole application inside the same VM.E.g.:
Object grosso = getServletContext().getAttribute("GROSSO");
if (grosso == null) {
    grosso = new Grosso();
    getServletContext().setAttribute("GROSSO", grosso);
}
If you want to limit the scope to a single session, put the same as a
session attribute.