tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: Help! Tomcat crashing on takeoff
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 18:27:31 GMT
On 12/12/14 10:02 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: James H. H. Lampert [mailto:jamesl@touchtonecorp.com]
>> Subject: Help! Tomcat crashing on takeoff
>
>> I'm trying to bring up Tomcat on a customer's AS/400.
>
> Don't suppose you'd want to give us a clue as to _exactly_ which
> version of Tomcat you're trying to run?

Certainly.

The customer box (an AS/400 at V6R1) is, according to RELEASE-NOTES, on
7.0.56. Our box (another AS/400 at V6R1) is on 7.0.54. We have another
customer box (another AS/400, this one at V7R1) that is running 7.0.56
just fine.

I just wiped out the /wintouch/tomcat directory (same convention we use
at all of our Tomcat installations), re-unzipped it, and tried to launch
it without doing any of our usual configuration changes (e.g., enabling
SSL, setting up a user for Manager). It still crashed exactly the same way.

--
James H. H. Lampert