tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Help! Tomcat crashing on takeoff
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 17:50:13 GMT
I'm trying to bring up Tomcat on a customer's AS/400. It's at the same
OS release as our own box, and Java 6 was just installed on it, sometime
this past week.

I get this exception in catalina.out:

> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
>  at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:419)
>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:643)
>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:609)
>  at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:235)
>  at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)

and this from stdout:
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /wintouch/tomcat
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /wintouch/tomcat
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /wintouch/tomcat/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit
> Using CLASSPATH:       /wintouch/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/wintouch/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
> Tomcat started.
which is exactly the same as what comes out of STDOUT when we launch
Tomcat on our own box.

I can't recall ever seeing this exception before, and I don't know what
to make of it. Object size of their "tomcat-juli.jar" matches ours.

--
James H. H. Lampert