tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Anderson <jim_ander...@centurylink.net>
Subject Re: My problem: I cannot successfully get or set a session attribute from a JSP file.
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 21:04:36 GMT

David,

I have to question your response. In the past, I have made errors in the
serverside JSP file and the console has identified errors for me to the
point were I have become dependent this feedback.

I understand the separation of the client side vs the server side,
(and I must confess that sometimes in the middle of debugging, I forget
that it is there),
but my assumption has been that when the JSP code is compiled by the
tomcat environment, it gets sent errors back through the Firefox API
that allows the errors to  be displayed in the console.

I don't know the Firefox API, but I can believe it has hooks in the
brower code that allows an application such as Tomcat to post
information into the console. If fact, I would expect the browser
console to have that kind of hook.

Jim