tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Preißer <kpreis...@apache.org>
Subject RE: tomcat on windows 2012 weirdness
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 19:44:36 GMT
Hi,

Just some additional notes about IE (I don't know if they are applicable to your situation):

- IE displays "intranet sites" in "Compatibility mode" by default (that is, IE7 mode). This
is why I always add the following HTTP header to websites:

This will ensure IE always uses the latest document mode/level. Note that with this header
IE's browser mode can still be compatibility view (sending a Mozilla/4.0 MSIE 7.0 User-Agent)
although the document mode will be the latest (IE9 on IE9, IE11 on IE11 etc.)

The Developer Tools should show the current browser mode and document mode of IE.

- In IE on a Windows Server OS, for security reasons the IE enhanced security mode is active
which will block some content on websites in the "internet" security zone (while for intranet
sites it will use a lower security level). This mode can be enabled or disabled in the Server
Manager.

Regards,
Konstantin Preißer