tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ed Rouse <ero...@milner.com>
Subject custom classloader missing root
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 15:34:06 GMT
I am trying to convert a custom class loader from version 5.5 to version 8.0.11, running under
ubuntu.
I have the following line in my context.xml file.
                <Loader loaderClass="com.comsquared.idw.catalina.ext.IDWMClassLoader" delegate="false"
/>

I have tried the delegate as both true and false with no difference. I have found that the
parent loader is java.net.URLClassLoader, not
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader or org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase
as I expected. My class loader extends
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader. In order to add files, as far as I know I need
an org.apache.catalina.WebResourceRoot
(probably StandardRoot) and an org.apache.catalina.Context (probably org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext).

So how do I get, find or create these 2 classes? I think I can create a new StandardRoot if
I have a Context, but what needs to be done to create
a proper context for a web application that is getting auto-loaded by the tomcat container
at startup?

I am missing some information and have, as yet, not been able to find any details about how
to accomplish this.

Thanks.