tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation on Connectors needs updating
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:50:43 GMT
Ref http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/connectors.html

Those new to Tomcat will not know what a "connector" is. I presume it's the
network protocol used to listen and respond to external requests...

For HTTP it is suggested to use AJP clustering as performance is higher
than that of mod_proxy.

For AJP it talks of use in a single-server environment and how it's worse
than that of HTTP, then for clustering to use AJP. It then says to use JK
or mod_proxy with AJP.

As the reader, I have no idea where to sit. First mod_proxy can be used but
AJP ought to be for performance, yet you can use mod_proxy with AJP.

I'm... Puzzled. Since I've not dealt with this beyond getting Apache to
mod_proxy to the default Tomcat port 8080 before I'm in no position to
clean this up I'm afraid but it looks like clarity is needed.

Just my opinion.

James