tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session Config => Tracking Mode not working
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 21:53:24 GMT
> Hello Konstantin Kolinko,
>
> I fixed my dumb web.xml schema declaration.  Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> I also added the COOKIE tracking mode to the example servlet and it worked there (the
URL encoded link did not contain the JSESSIONID).

> So, next I turned on logEffectiveWebXml="true" and verified that the effective web.xml
for both of my wars contains:

>   <session-config>
>     <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
>     <cookie-config>
>     </cookie-config>
>     <tracking-mode>COOKIE</tracking-mode>
>   </session-config>
>
> But the first time I hit the web app, I'm still getting JSESSIONID in the URL.
>
> Then I turned on Strict Compliance to wring out any other errors in my web.xml that might
be causing the problem.   It found some problems in the Tag
> Library tld files and fixed those, but that had no effect on JSESSIONID in the URL.
I have no further errors in Catalina log or any other logs files.

> At this point, I'm not sure what else I should try to debug the problem.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

a) Run with a debugger
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Developing#Debugging

Possible points:
org.apache.catalina.connector.Response.encodeURL()
org.apache.catalina.connector.Response.encodeRedirectURL()
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service()

b) Simplify your web application
until it becomes a simple example that can be reproduced by someone else.

c)
> But the first time I hit the web app

Is that "first time" response actually served by your web app, or by
some other (e.g. ROOT)?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko