tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: catalina.properties and system properties
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 17:36:30 GMT
> hi,
>
> I don't have use for scanning the jars for tld files etc., so usually,
> in catalina.properties, I skip all jars by setting
>
>     tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanFilter.jarsToSkip=*.jar
>
> I just noticed that I can set it via a system property, i.e.
>
>     -Dtomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanFilter.jarsToSkip=*.jar
>
> 1) does the system property override catalina.properties?

No.

Note that the source code is available

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/startup/CatalinaProperties.java?view=markup#l147

> 2) can I use just "*" instead of "*.jar"?

Try it. I think that the answer is yes, as Tomcat currently uses
pattern matching code borrowed from Ant.

> 3) is it possible to set the common.loader from catalina.properties via
> a system property?

I think the answer is yes, but you would better try it / read the code.

Note that common.loader can include references to other properties,
like it does with ${catalina.base} etc.