tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Debugging a Webapp in Eclipse running Tomcat as a stand-alone JVM process
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 01:35:08 GMT
> Thank you for your answer.
> Your link helped.
>
> What was missing from the scenario I described previously was:
> exporting the .war of the webapps into the Tomcat "webapps" directory.
>
> Actually, I was hoping it would be done automatically "somehow"... :'/
> Is there - by any chance - an option "somewhere" that I have been missing
> which would automatically export the webapps .war archives to the Tomcat
> "webapps" directory... at build time for instance?
> Hope my question is clear enough.

The proper temp is not "exporting", but "deployment".

Deployment can be done from Ant or from Maven. There exists tools for that.

If you are developing your web application, is there a reason why you
run Tomcat standalone and not from within Eclipse IDE?

https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Developing#Q6

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko