tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nick Wall <Nick.W...@mvtcanada.com>
Subject RE: Moving tomcat Ver 6.0
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 20:36:57 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Leo Donahue [mailto:donahulf2@gmail.com]
Sent: November-05-14 12:32 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Moving tomcat Ver 6.0

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Nick Wall <Nick.Wall@mvtcanada.com> wrote:

> Hi All
> Sorry new user to this
> We have a Win server 2003 running Tomcat and our software I need to
> move this to a new win 2008 R2 server Is there an easy way to move
> everything over etc.
> Looking at easiest way to move everything over.
>
> Or if you are familiar with this and can assist setting up and moving
> could look at that possibility as well
>
> Nick Wall  AScT
> IT Manager
> nick.wall@mvtcanada.com

You might as well consider getting the latest version of Tomcat while you're at it, and then
moving your webapps to that new installation.

You will want to check the customizations (if you made any) in web.xml, server.xml, tomcat-users.xml
and anything under conf/Catalina/localhost that you placed there intentionally in the 2003
Tomcat installation.

Don't forget to use the same service account, if you created one.

You will also want to check the 2003 tomcat7w.exe for any custom options you used there, like
memory settings, etc.

Leo

HI Leo
Thanks for the reply and info :)

Can I just copy the folder/files you mention and put in the new installation on the 2008 server
?

As for a service account I have no idea if one exists  as this was installed about 5 yrs ago
and no one is left in the company that knows anything about it - Hence why I'm on this :)
lol

Nick