tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Redirecting to default webapp when domain name is entered
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:43:09 GMT
Kernel freak wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> I already have a project ready for deployment. It is in the form of war
> file. Currently I have renamed the war file to ROOT.war and pasted it
> inside webapps. I am able to access the webapp by giving domainname.com:8080.
>

> Instead of that I would just like to use domainname.com and it should go to
> the webapp. Thank you very much.
>
> System : Debian Wheezy(64 bit)
> Apache tomcat : 7.0

8080 is the port on which Tomcat is listening for requests.
That depends on your own configuration of Tomcat.
In the server.xml file, look for the HTTP <Connector> tag, and the 'port="8080"' indicated

there.
If there is nothing else on that system that is already using port 80 (another webserver
like Apache httpd for example), then change this Tomcat port to be 80, save the server.xml

file,  restart Tomcat and that's it (basically).
If Tomcat does not start, look in its logfiles why, and if you do not understand it, copy

the relevant part of the log in a new email to the list.

If there is already something else on the system listening to port 80, then it is quite a

bit more complicated..