tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gerardo Juarez <gerardojua...@buyteknet.info>
Subject Re: question
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 22:35:37 GMT

On 11/24/2014 03:29 PM, Fabio Ricci wrote:
> Hi Joe
>
> Yes. You do not need to run apache for html and php (although it seems to me more practical).
> For PHP you might want to have a look at http://php-java-bridge.sourceforge.net/pjb/
>
> Kind regards / Meilleures salutations / Freundliche Grüsse
> Fabio Ricci
> semweb
> Semantic Web Technologies · Records Management
> Software systems · ICT coaching · ICT Projects leading
> www.semweb.ch
>
> Weinmanngasse 26
> CH-8700 Küsnacht ZH (Switzerland)
>
> Tel.
>
> +41 (076) 5281961
> +39 (389) 0681334
>
> Skype:
>
> semweb-llc
>
> Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use
of the intended recipients, are confidential and maybe privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy,
copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email,
and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.

> From: Balderrama, Jose A CTR (US) <jose.a.balderrama4.ctr@mail.mil>
> Reply: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>>
> Date: 24 November 2014 at 22:17:49
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org <users@tomcat.apache.org>>
> Subject:  question
>

> Can tomcat run php apps and static html pages well?
> Or should I run apache as well?
>

> Thanks, Joe

Check the information on Coyote. This is a connector that allows Tomcat
to serve HTTP requests in addition to servlets and jsps:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/coyote.html

Gerardo Juárez M.