tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows Service won't start
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:04:25 GMT

> So it looks like there is an architecture mismatch:
> tomcat7.exe/procrun is 64-bit and the JVM is 32-bit. We are replacing
> the JVM with a 64-bit one but I'm curious how to make Tomcat work on a
> 32-bit JVM on 64-bit Windows. I tried some Google searching and it was
> mostly people re-configuring the JAVA_HOME to point to a 64-bit JVM
> and not actually getting this to work.
>
> We installed from the ZIP package.

Which one? There are 4. (This question so for the benefit of the
archives. I can tell which you are using from the rest of your question.)

> Does the ZIP package always have 64-bit tomcat7.exe/procrun packaged with it?

Yes, the zip package for running with 64-bit JVMs always includes
procrun for 64-bit JVMs.

> Any chance to get 32-bit binaries included as well?

None whatsoever.

http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi

<quote>
Please see the README file for packaging information. It explains what
every distribution contains.
</quote>

Mark