tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Bala-Subrahmanyam.Bha...@telenor.com>
Subject RE: tomcat crash problem (INTERNAL)
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 08:25:11 GMT
Hi Ognjen,

Tomcat is crashing with the below error message.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

This problem is occurring in our production environment so as a workaround we are restarting
tomcat two times in the business hours. Due to these restarts tomcat is not crashing.

Here am attached some GC logs.

Regards,
Subbu.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ognjen Blagojevic [mailto:ognjen.d.blagojevic@gmail.com]
Sent: 3. oktober 2014 10:00
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat crash problem (OPEN)

Subbu,

3.10.2014 9:38, Bala-Subrahmanyam.Bhatta@telenor.com wrote:
> I upgraded tomcat from 5.0.28 to 6.0.36, after upgrade tomcat server is consuming lot
of memory and once if memory reaches to 3GB then it is crashing (max memory I configured is
3GB).

What kind of a crash is that? Does JVM crashes (look for a file named hs_err_pid*), or Tomcat
(look at Tomcat logs)? Send us the log files.

We need more information before we can diagnose the problem.

-Ognjen