tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Accessing Connector from within Servlet
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:14:20 GMT
Am 13.10.2014 um 18:20 schrieb Sean K:
> Hi,
> I am new to the tomcat user group but have been using tomcat for some years.
>
> My situation is odd -- the customer wants the product to remove an external
> JAR which requires me to make the SSL mutual connection manually, and then
> post the Soap message.
>
> So far I have been successful in doing that.
>
> However, this overall solution is installed on different computer
> locations, I need to allow this to work flexibly.   Right now, I have hard
> coded the path to the TrustStore and KeyStore so that my code can access
> those and use the password which I know, so that my HttpClient side code to
> build the correct SSL connection to the external SSL server.  (This is a
> mutual peer authenticated SSL connection).
>
>  From the ServletContext or when the java servlet starts (where my
> httpclient component runs witihin), I need to get access to the tomcat
> connector, and determine the attributes of it.  I guess one brute force
> method is to get the environment variable for catalina.home or
> catalina.base and then scan for the conf/server.xml and parse that.... But
> I figure there must be a cleaner and better way.
You can't and shouldn't access container internals from the official api's,
which ServletContext and HttpServlet are.

If I understood you right, you want to access the attributes from tomcat
internal components to read the filename/path and passwords to reuse
the keystore for your client, which happens to live inside a servlet.

I believe your are better off, when you give your servlet its own keystore
and configure the filename/path and credentials in a more conventional way
with environment or context variables.

If you do insist on getting the parameters from tomcat internal
components, you
could try using tomcat internal components like a Valve.

> I also scanned the objects that are acessible from the Response, Request,
> or ServletContext.  None of them seem to point to the Connector in a way
> that I can inspect it, or get current properties of it.   For example,
> within the org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade, I noticed that its
> embedded object of HttpResponse is protected but it has the Connector.
> Seems like I need to hack that to get that Connector info.
>
> There must be a better way.
I think the better way is to configure your components independently.

Regards
  Felix