tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Igal @ getRailo.org" <i...@getrailo.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat JVM Crash
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 18:20:36 GMT
On 10/3/2014 11:14 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The general position of the Tomcat developers is that we do *not*
> patch Tomcat to work around bugs in third party code. There have been
> exceptions in the past but - since this JVM bug as a workaround
> available - I very much doubt that Tomcat will be patched to avoid
> this (even if such a patch was possible which looks unlikely).
fair enough, but first we need to ensure that this is not a Tomcat
issue, right?  I agree that if it only happens with a certain browser
then it's unlikely that Tomcat is the issue, but TBH I'm concerned if
some hacker can drop my servers by issuing some planned https request.

> A reproducible test case is definitely a good thing but it needs to go
> to Oracle, not to the Tomcat devs. Note we do have some contacts with
> Oracle we can use to ensure a bug report gets in front of the right
> people. Mark
that would be sufficient because as long as this problem, if it does
exist, is resolved, then it doesn't matter to me (and I believe to other
users) who fixed it.

thanks,

Igal

--