tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Open quote is expected for attribute "{1}" associated with an element type "username"
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 19:50:59 GMT
Gibran Castillo wrote:
> Tomcat did not like the double quotes use by TextEdit.app so I use the ones
> that were in the commented out section of tomcat-users.xml  I was able to
> authenticate

Oh my..
It is not Tomcat which does not like your quotes, it is XML.
These quotes are not valid characters to delimit attribute values *in XML*.
You will have the same problem with any XML file that you edit with that editor : you will

generate XML that is "not well formed" and thus invalid.
And that will crash any program which reads your XML files.
Use another editor, this one is not suitable for editing XML files.