tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rajeev Singh <rajeev.si...@synechron.com>
Subject javax.naming.NamingException: Resource DTMManager not found on Tomcat 6.0
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 04:52:29 GMT
Hi,
Environment: Redhat Linux
Tomcat: Version 6.0

I'm getting exception like
javax.naming.NamingException: Resource /WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/services/com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.dtm.DTMManager
not found

javax.naming.NamingException: Resource /WEB-INF/classes/net/sourceforge/jtds/jdbc/Driver.class
not found

in lookup method of org.apache.naming.resources.ProxyDirContext.

In my application this isn't causing a logic issue, but this bug is manifesting as a notable
performance problem. Every time a bad path is passed into the ProxyDirContext it's actually
causing quite a lot of NamingExceptions to be thrown as it tries alternative paths (see BaseDirContext.lookup).
All of these exceptions are swallowed but what I'm seeing is that this is happening many times
over the course of a request as my application is looking up different resources, and the
time it takes to build all of these swallowed NamingExceptions has become significant.

The path where the tomcat tries to search the resource doesn't exists. I tried searching the
configuration files in conf folder of Tomcat but nowhere this type  of path  is mentioned.
Any help/pointer on how tomcat figures out resource path will be of great help.

Thanks,
Rajeev.