tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bjørn T Johansen <...@havleik.no>
Subject Parallel deployment and failed to stop a thread.
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 20:43:33 GMT
I am trying out parallell deployment but there seems to be a memory leak? when undeploying
the old version.. I get the following message in the log..:

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The web application
[##000002] appears to have started a thread named [Mojarra-WebResourceMonitor-1-thread-1]
but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:
 sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
 java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(LockSupport.java:215)
 java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2078)
 java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$DelayedWorkQueue.take(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:1093)
 java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$DelayedWorkQueue.take(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:809)
 java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1067)
 java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1127)
 java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Is this a problem with Tomcat 8.0.14 or JSF 2.2.8?
What can I do to prevent this?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen