tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shanti Suresh <sha...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: Manager app + RemoteAddrValve + 403 Access Denied
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:36:52 GMT
Hi Dan,

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Daniel Mikusa <dmikusa@pivotal.io> wrote:

> Can you access the JMXProxy servlet directly?
>

> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Using_the_JMX_Proxy_Servlet

Thanks for the note and the references.  On accessing the JMXProxy servlet
directly, I get a "403 Access Denied" as well.

> Have you configured access to the manager app?
>

> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Configuring_Manager_Application_Access

I would like localhost to access the JMXProxy servlet without a password.
 And hence, I used the RemoteAddrValve in the manager-context within
"manager.xml" to configure access.   This setup used to work in 7.0.23 with
just an IP address restriction and no password.  I have a perl script that
periodically invokes JSPs within the manager application; these JSPs then
invoke the JMXProxy servlet.  So I thought I could get the same thing to
happen in 7.0.52.

I know I am missing something.

Thanks,

                    -Shanti