tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Neven Cvetkovic <neven.cvetko...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 7.0.55, OS: 64-bit Windows 7
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 18:49:43 GMT
Vishal,

> Hi,
>
> I have been struggling for days now  to understand why my tomcat instance
created through RAD 8.5 Servers view not generating catalina.out and
tomcat.log  log files at ${catalina.base}/logs.
> I only see localhost_access_log.XXXX-XX-XX.txt logs file?    Why?

How did you create your Tomcat instance in RAD? Can you look at the actual
command line? (runtime configuration) what is the entire command line? What
JVM do you use?

It is probably some logging configuration option that changed the default
JULI logging configuration.

Access log file you are seeing is the one configured in server.xml with a
valve at Host level. It is standard out of box tomcat config.

Hope that gives you some ideas where to look.

Cheers
Neven