tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cassian Raja Thomas <rajacass...@gmail.com>
Subject How to get the configured HTTP and HTTPS port numbers in server.xml from Java code at runtime
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 06:38:41 GMT
In our project, we have implemented SOAP webservices using Apache CXF
framework. Clients used to request the server for some command execution.
The request consists of host, port and the protocol used for connection. If
the client uses a HTTPS configured port number and specify the protocol as
HTTP, then we get a connection refused - socket exception as expected. But,
I need to throw a proper error message like "Unable to connect to host
"XYZ" with port "ABC" using http protocol". For this, I need to get the
configured http and https port numbers from tomcat server.xml file at
runtime and then compare it with my request parameters.

Anyone, please help me out on how to do that?