tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 03:28:46 GMT
> From: fachhoch [mailto:fachhoch@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out

> proposed if for 6.0.x.     (  the bug was filed for version 6.0.xx  and a
> fix   was proposed but did not  commit the fix  in version 6.0...x )

It was committed in 6.0.42.

> it will be in 7.0.55 onwards  (does this mean fix will be available from
> 7.0.55  version onwards? )

Yes.

> backported it to 7.0.x    (I cannot understand why?)

Fixes are first put into trunk (currently the 8.0.x level), then backported to other currently
supported levels, newer ones first.  The progression was 8.0.10, then 7.0.55, then 6.0.42.
 The bugzilla entry is not marked closed until the fix has been committed to all supported
levels.

 - Chuck