tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Websocket impl limits message rate?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:14:26 GMT
Messinides, Mike wrote:
> Tomcat 7.0.54/JVM 1.7.0_51-b13/Win2008x64
>
> I have a websocket server endpoint in Tomcat and a Tyrus 1.7 client. When I try to send
text messages from the Tyrus client to Tomcat, it appears that messages get dropped when sent
at a rate greater than 1 every ten seconds.

I cannot comment on the base issue, but it seems that you should be a bit more specific
here, about how you are determining this.  Why do you think / how do you know, that
messages are being dropped at the Tomcat level ?

  Is there configuration that limits the rate of messages from clients? Couldn't find in
docs and I don't see it in source, but suspect it might be DOS prevention.