tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Apache Tomcat 6.0 Tomcat6 service stopped unexpectedly in windows server 2012
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 10:21:54 GMT
Luciano,

1) try to not top-post on this list. See
https://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users, item # 6

2)

Luciano Fioriti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> try to increase Maximum number of threads in server.xml
>
> bie

Not so fast...
Tomcat is indeed running out of threads, as the last INFO message indicates.
But this is probably more a *symptom* of some other underlying issue, as shown by the
previous exceptions.
Don't treat the symptom, treat the cause.

>> Hi Team,
>>

>> We have .Net application consuming tomcat solr3.5 services and deployed on
>> Windows Server 2012. Its is 64 bit machine with 32 GB RAM and Tomcat
>> veriosn
>> is 6 and is installed at :"C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
>> Foundation\Tomcat 6.0". During the peak load, the solr sevice
>> stops/unresponsive and it is happening very frequently. We didnt fount any
>> erro logs in windows event viewer but in tomcat logs we got the following
>> exception :
>>
>> Aug 06, 2014 10:51:18 AM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log SEVERE:
>> ClientAbortException: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection
>> abort: socket write error at

this is ClientAbortException, happening (as the chain below seems to show) when the
application is trying to write a response to the client (presumably the user browser).
This generally happens when Tomcat tries to send back a response, but the client has
already closed the connection.  Which in turn may happen if the client has been waiting
too long for this response (more than 2-3 minutes).
(It can also happen if the human user of that browser got tired of waiting, and clicked
somewhere else, or closed the window).

But a web application should not normally take so long to respond (or at least not without

letting the user know that it can take long, or provide some kind of feedback while the
user is waiting).

So again, there is probably something else going on..