tomcat-users mailing list archives

From João Sávio <joaosa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with Tomcat 7 clustering using BIO receiver
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 16:04:22 GMT
Hello!

Using NIO (with channelSendOptions="4", i.e., synchronous), with lightly
load, my tests pass 100%. But, on heavy load, not all sessions are
replicated on time, and I have about 20% of errors. If I increase
maxThreads to 400, I have about 15% of errors.

More information:
* I am not performing parallel requests with same session
* my cluster has 4 nodes (all in one machine - for test purpose only)
* Java 7 64 bits, Tomcat 7.0.52, windows 7 64 bits
* using default NIO configuration, but with maxThreads=400
* VM options:
-Xms512M   - on real environment this value is 1024
-Xmx512M  - on real environment this value is 1024
-XX:NewSize=450M
-XX:MaxNewSize=450M
-XX:PermSize=128M
-XX:MaxPermSize=245M
-XX:SurvivorRatio=8
-XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90
-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15
-XX:+UseBiasedLocking
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60
-XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
-XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:+DisableExplicitGC
-XX:+PrintGCDateStamps
-XX:+PrintGCDetails
-Xloggc:%CATALINA_BASE%/logs/tomcat-gc.log

Moreover, I'm trying to attach the logs again.

Thanks
João