tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: css files served as application/x-pointplus
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 06:26:10 GMT
Hi Konstantin,

On 08/07/14 09:45, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> There is no "application/x-pointplus" string in the default
> conf/web.xml of Tomcat. So first you have to find where the string
> comes from.

Yeap, that's the problem, we cannot reproduce the issue: it works fine
in Linux and Windows, also in two OSX I have access. But for whatever
reason we got two different users with the same issue in OSX. It failes
both in a regular tomcat and the embedded one provided by the maven plugin.

We have integration tests over Jetty, and on those conflicting
environments the test successfully passes.

So definetely something is different there... but hard to find.

> Tomcat component that is responsible for serving a static file and
> setting its mime-type is DefaultServlet.  If the file is served by
> something else  (e.g. by a different servlet in some framework,  or by
> different server - e.g. if you serve all static files directly from
> Apache HTTPD),  then you are on your own.

In our case we have a filter for serving static content from modules
(jars). Marmotta has a custom modules' architecture.

> Are those files mentioned in Tomcat's access log file?

I have to ask.

> What version of Servlet Specification is declared in your
> WEB-INF/web.xml file? Does it have metadata-complete="true" attribute
> on its <web-app> element?

We are using 3.0. metadata-complete is not explicitly set there. Shoild
it help?

Thanks!

Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager