tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Blachon, Philippe" <Philippe.Blac...@wto.org>
Subject Apache Tomcat7 service start randomly after the installation of McAfee antivirus.
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 07:57:54 GMT
Good morning,

We have 4 identical servers with a scheduled task running every night on each of them. This
task Stop Tomcat -> Update some data -> Start Tomcat.
This worked fine for months.
We have installed a new antivirus McAfee 3 weeks ago. Now the Tomcat7 service starts randomly.
At least 1 of the 4 server needs a manual start of the Tomcat7 service every morning.

Do you know if there is specifics problems between Tomcat and Mc Afee ?
We have already tried to exclude Tomcat.exe from McAfee scanning. Is there other thing we
could exclude without compromising the security ?

Configuration:
Windows server 2008 R2 Standard - SP1
Apache Tomcat 7.0.29 Server
McAffee Agent 4.8.0.1500
Mcafee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.04001

Thanks, have a nice day,
Philippe Blachon.

Please consider the environment before printing this email or its attachment(s).  Please note
that this message may contain confidential information.  If you have received this message
in error, please notify me and then delete it from your system.