tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Lombardi <brlom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Browsers suddenly start timing out when accessing port 80 of secure site
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 17:25:27 GMT
Thanks for the response Konstantinos. I'll look into the HSTS header. The behavior you describe
may be what is happening.

Bruce

Sent from my iPad

> On Jun 24, 2014, at 8:51 AM, Konstantin Preißer <kpreisser@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,

(hopefully IE too in near future) to only view a site in HTTPS. I haven't tested how Firefox
handles this, but I can imagine that when the website on :8443 sets an HSTS header and the
user enters "www.example.com", that Firefox automatically switches this to "https://www.example.com/"
which is Port 443.