tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Bjoern.Bec...@easycash.de>
Subject AW: grab hostname from tomcat manager
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 14:54:19 GMT
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Good question :). But I got a good reason for it.

I got two servers with several tomcat instances.
In front of them is a loadbalancer with is configured to do a failover.

               -LB-
Server1:8081 	    Server2:8081

I need to write a shell script to sync a specific directory and for each tomcat instance I
need to know on which one the loadbalancer is targeting at the moment.
If tomcat 8081 on server 1 is down, the loadbalancer will point to server 2 tomcat 8081. I
can find it out through the loadbalancer address only.