tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: SQLNestedException in Connection Pooling With Tomcat 7.0.39
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 13:37:31 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Saurabh Saraswat [mailto:ssaraswat@pivotalindia.com]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 7:23 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: SQLNestedException in Connection Pooling With Tomcat 7.0.39

Dear Dan,

Thanks for your response!

I have cross checked the user / password configuration. All is correct. As i mentioned that
initially i am getting the object of connection but after some time (After few hits to database
from application) my web app goes to slow and than it stops working i i got the below exception-
*org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout
waiting for idle object*

I searched for this and find that reason is "maxWait" ms then i set it to
-1 i think which tends to unlimited time. Still i am facing the same problem.

Can you please let me know what others reason can cause this exception.

*Best Regards,    *

*Saurabh Sarasvat*

-----------------------

FWIW, I also have these attributes in my context.xml file, below or in addition to what you
have, Saurabh.

    maxIdle="30"
    maxWait="10000"
    maxActive="10"