tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Poliquin <Frederic.Poliq...@dti.ulaval.ca>
Subject RE: Stateless application is very slow using LDAP authentication
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 20:15:31 GMT
> When you say that you put a reverse proxy in front of Tomcat... do you mean that you pushed
the authentication out to the proxy layer?

Yes, I'm delegating everything to HTTPD using an AJP connector.

> This means that if the user changes their password or the group-membership changes on
the LDAP side, httpd won't know about those changes and therefore old credentials are still
valid, old group-based authentication checks will yield invalid authentication decisions based
upon the canonical LDAP service's view of the world.

So does session caching! Actually HTTPD have a better control because it allows you to choose
the appropriate TTL instead of assuming the same credentials for the whole session.

Frédéric.