tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] mod_jk warning about "OPTIONS *" requests
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:05:21 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

>> Just to "keep the church in the middle of the village", as they say
>> in my part of the world :
>
> [OT] I'm not sure I can interpret the meaning of that. What does it mean?

It is a Belgian/French expression, meaning roughly "to keep things in perspective" or "not

to go to extremes, one way or the other" or even, "in front of conflicting interests,
choose a middle way", that kind of thing.  Like many such "cultural" things, it has a
number of interpretations depending on the circumstances.  But you get the gist now, I guess.
Despite its seemingly religious connotations, it means the exact opposite of religious
fanaticism.