tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk and ~userdir issue
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:35:19 GMT
Doug Tucker wrote:

>> He means : read on about the "JkCopy*" directives under Apache httpd.
>>

> Thank you.  I don't see this directive anywhere, and search google for
> JkCopy apache or JkCopy tomcat both return zero results?

Sorry, I wrote that too quickly, just before packing in my laptop.
It was "JkMountCopy", and you find it here :
https://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html

And since I sent you on a wrong track before, here is an explanation as an apology :

When your Apache httpd server is configured to handle VirtualHosts, there are 2 parts to
the configuration :

1) what is specified outside of the scope of any <VirtualHost>..</VirtualHost>
section,
and which is sometimes referred to as the "main" configuration.
These directives act in fact as defaults for all <VirtualHost> sections, unless they
are
overridden within any given <VirtualHost> section.

2) what is specified inside a <VirtualHost> section, and affects only this <VirtualHost>.

The point is that the "JkMount" directives which you would specify in the "main"
configuration part, do not necessarily get "carried over" to the <VirtualHost> sections
as
defaults. If you want this, you must do something special.
(JkMountCopy in either the "main" part, or in the <VirtualHost>, with a slightly different

syntax for each.)

Similarly, any JkMount that is within a <VirtualHost> section, is valid only for this

<VirtualHost>.