tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: tomcat-connectors-1.2.39-windows-x86_64-iis does not work
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 11:12:37 GMT
Alten, Jessica-Aileen wrote:
>> It may be interesting to see what happens if you add a line like this
>> in the server's
>> hosts file :
>>
>> 127.0.0.1 localhost localtomcat
>>
>> and then try to use each of these names in your isapi configuration for
>> the worker.host.
>
> I tried the formerly commented out lines in the hosts file after a reboot:
> 127.0.0.1	localhost
> ::1		localhost
>
> Unfortunately this doesn't work either: localhost doesn't work in the
> workers.properties file. The error log is the same as the previous one.

Hi.
Ok, there is apparently a bug in the isapi-redirector, and the developers are working on it.
What I am trying to do, is to see if there is not some alternative in-between solution for

you, other than using

worker.ajp13w.host=127.0.0.1

(which is kind of "not elegant")

What you did above (uncommenting *both* lines), still leaves the possibility that isapi
would be trying to use the "::1" IPv6 translation, and hitting a problem due to IPv6 being

disabled on that system.
To eliminate that, could you try precisely the following :

1) re-comment the 2 lines in the hosts file
2) add this line :
127.0.0.1 localtomcat
3) in your properties file :
worker.ajp13w.host=localtomcat

Note that this is basically intellectual curiosity on my part.  You can also decide to
wait for the bug correction.
I would try this myself to assuage my curiosity, but I do not have an "advanced enough"
Windows server at my disposal right now.