tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: tomcat-connectors-1.2.39-windows-x86_64-iis does not work
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 22:27:26 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> André,

> ip

>>> ping localhost
>>>
>>> Ping wird ausgeführt für xyz.uv.local [127.0.0.1] mit 32 Bytes
>>> Daten: Antwort von 127.0.0.1: Bytes=32 Zeit<1ms TTL=128 Antwort
>>> von 127.0.0.1: Bytes=32 Zeit<1ms TTL=128 Antwort von 127.0.0.1:
>>> Bytes=32 Zeit<1ms TTL=128 Antwort von 127.0.0.1: Bytes=32
>>> Zeit<1ms TTL=128
>>>
>>> Ping-Statistik für 127.0.0.1: Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen =
>>> 4, Verloren = 0 (0% Verlust), Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:
>>> Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Mittelwert = 0ms
>>>

>> That /is/ bizarre.  As far as I know, to resolve hostnames in its
>> configuration, mod_jk/isapi is using the OS's resolver library, the
>> same as the one "ping" should be using. On the other hand, you say
>> that if you have

>> it doesn't work (mod_jk cannot connect to tomcat), but when you
>> change this to

>> then it works fine.
>>
>> Ok, another check in a command window (and I assume that you open
>> this command window *on the server itself* where mod_jk and Tomcat
>> are running, right ?)
>>
>> test :
>>
>> 1) telnet localhost 8009
>>
>> 2) telnet 127.0.0.1 8009
>>
>> Any difference between these 2 cases ?
>>
>> If not, then indeed it looks like a mod_jk/isapi_redirect 1.2.39
>> problem.
>>
>> In any case, you cannot "connect to" 0.0.0.0, as this log line
>> would suggest :

> Could this be an interaction between IPv4 and IPv6? Try:
>
> C:> nslookup localhost
>
> You might get only 127.0.0.1 or you might also get :: (or something
> equivalent). I'm not sure why it wasn't happening with earlier
> versions of mod_jk (which?).

(versions : her first post mentioned the versions she was comparing)

I previously asked Jessica-Aileen to do a "ping localhost" on the machine, see results
above.  It definitiely pings 127.0.0.1 ..
(assuming it was done on the same machine)

And I don't think that nslookup uses the local resolver.
When I'm doing that on my Windows laptop, for "localhost" it responds "not found" (in many

more German words)

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\aw>nslookup localhost
Server:  fire-see.localdomain
Address:  192.168.245.253

*** localhost wurde von fire-see.localdomain nicht gefunden: Non-existent domain

On the other hand, it does this (spot the difference..):

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\aw>nslookup localhost.
Server:  fire-see.localdomain
Address:  192.168.245.253

Name:    localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

(But that of course could be the "localhost" of my DNS server, since it happens to be a
Linux box running dnsmasq, and it has that name in it's own hosts file.)

Mmmm.
If only by curiosity, maybe Jessica-Aileen could try

worker.ajp13w.host=localhost.

(ending in dot)