tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AW: tomcat-connectors-1.2.39-windows-x86_64-iis does not work
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 13:35:46 GMT
Alten, Jessica-Aileen wrote:
>> A bit guessing here :
>>
>> You have :
>>  > worker.ajp13w.host=localhost
>>
>> and
>>
>>  > jk_open_socket::jk_connect.c (735): connect to 0.0.0.0:8009 failed
>>> (errno=49)
>> is "localhost" == 0.0.0.0  ?
>>
>>  From the point of view of mod_jk/isapi, should it not be "127.0.0.1" ?
>
> Your answer points to the right direction.
> 0.0.0.0 means: any configured IPv4-Address on this computer, see
>
> http://serverfault.com/questions/78048/whats-the-difference-between-ip-addre
> ss-0-0-0-0-and-127-0-0-1
>
> In principle this is ok at first. The Ajp13 Connector was configured in
> server.xml to listen at any IPv4 address on port 8009 - which is the default
> setting. But the connector can't find any suitable address.
>
> The problem is: The new Tomcat-Connector can't parse
> "worker.ajp13w.host=localhost", instead localhost must be replaced with
> "127.0.0.1", this works!
>
> In my eyes this is a big fat bug, because most documentation on workers use
> "localhost". localhost is actually the default for the "host" connection
> directive.
>
> The new worker directive "prefer_ipv6" doesn't change this behavior.

Hi.

Can you please really check this ?

Open a command window on that server, and do "ping localhost".
It should tell you what it understands by "localhost".
Copy and paste the result here :

Note : I would be really surprised if mod_jk did not parse this correctly.
More likely is, that "localhost" on that system, is aliased to some invalid target IP address.
IP address 0.0.0.0, for a "listen" socket, means "any configured IP address of this
computer".  But for a client socket, connecting to "0.0.0.0" does not really make sense.
In your case, the AJP connector in Tomcat is the server, and it listens to 0.0.0.0:8009,
and that makes sense as "all interfaces, port 8009".
And mod_jk/isapi is the client in this case.  It is trying to connect to "localhost",
which should be 127.0.0.1, under IPv4.  That connection would be seen and accepted by the

AJP listening socket.
But mod_jk is probably trying to connect to something else, and failing.