tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Frederik Nosi <frederik.n...@postecom.it>
Subject Re: RES: Configuring limits of requests/sessions/threads in Tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 01:30:32 GMT
Hi Danilo,
On 04/02/2014 02:37 AM, Danilo Amaral de Oliveira wrote:
> Hello Chritopher,
>
> You make score. Exactly, I am waiting 500 users on the peak time. The archive is in a
separated storage in our environment. So, I think that it is not a limiting factor. I will
try some maxthreads configurations and stress situations to see if the server will could handle
500 users. If necessary I can increase the server memory and processing, we have robust cluster.
Actually the server has 4 cores and 8gb of memory.

First, this video is a static file right? If so, just put an nginx or
such in front of you'r Tomcat, you dont need an application server for
that, it's just like using a tank to shoot a mosquito :P

> At the same time, I am analyzing with security team if we could liberate a specific video
in youtube in order to instead use JWPlayer the site use an embedded youtube video, so I take
off the responsibility of tomcat to deliver the video and I can sleep in peace. hahha

Well, this clever, bandwidth for free.

> Thank you all!
>

> Grupo Energisa
> Danilo A. Oliveira
> Analista Suporte Aplicacao TI - DPTO CORP. DE INFRAESTR. TI
> e-mail: danilo.oliveira@energisa.com.br | tel: (32) 3429-6342 | cel: (32) 8452-9478
>
> Esta mensagem contém informação confidencial. Se você a recebeu por engano, não
divulgue ou copie seu conteúdo. Por favor, avise ao remetente imediatamente e apague-a do
computador.
> Privileged and confidential. If this message has been received by mistake, do not disclose
or copy its contents. Please notify sender and delete immediately.