tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Apache perfomance issue
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 16:58:00 GMT
Saurabh Makol wrote:
> Hello Tomcat expert,
>
> I am facing a performance issue for one of the application that I am
> hosting. My apologies for reaching out to y'all as I know this group is
> tomcat issue but thought if anyone has ever come across this strange issue.
>
> We have an environment which  is 64 bit Windows Server 2008 R2 having 2GB.
> On this server we have Apache 2.4/ PHP 5.5.9 running with MySQL database.
>
> The issue is that when I run JMeter(from my local machine) with 20
> concurrent user it pegs the CPU at 100% on the server even though I have
> set memory_limit = 128M in my php file.
>
> Is their a way to reduce the CPU usage. Any advice would be appreciated.

As Mark indicated, this is definitely not the right list for that kind of question.
Try the Apache httpd Users List instead.

But just as a first and totally unsubstantiated impression from the scarce data above :
isn't 2 GB of RAM a bit low (not to say miserly) for what you have running there ?

Windows Server 2008 on its own already uses a good chunk of that.
Then you have a MySQL server.
And then you have potentially 20 Apache + PHP processes (or threads), at 128 MB each :
128MB * 20 = 2.5 GB.
Your server is probably spending more time swapping stuff in and out of memory, than at
doing any useful work.
Have you even looked at a display in the Task Manager yet ?

Note that for any further discussion, you should really go to the httpd list, or a Windows

list.