tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Bailey <sbai...@donlen.com>
Subject External URL delay from webapp
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 14:38:25 GMT
Hi all,
We are having an issue with a new tomcat deployment, in our webapp we make a request to a
3rd party webservice site using http URL for retrieving the data, the first time we click
the button to make the request the information is returned within a second or 2 but if we
click the button again within 5 seconds to request the information again it takes a good minute
for the data to be returned.

We found that if we set the "-Dhttp.proxyHost  and -Dhttp.proxyPort" options in tomcat under
the java options this resolves the delay but also breaks another request to a different 3rd
party using https URL.

We are new to tomcat and we have been researching for a week with no results other than the
proxy setting.

Thank you!
Scott
DISCLAIMER: This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information intended
for the exclusive use of the intended addressee and may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution
of this information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. Please notify sender
if you are an unintended recipient and delete the original message without making copies.
Thank you.