tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milo Hyson <m...@cyberlifelabs.com>
Subject Re: RES: Configuring limits of requests/sessions/threads in Tomcat
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 19:27:00 GMT
On Apr 1, 2014, at 12:00 PM, Danilo Amaral de Oliveira <danilo.oliveira@energisa.com.br>
wrote:

> The video is embedded in a JWPlayer Javascript application.  The video is in the page
too, but you need download it before watch it.

Since users have to download the video, I'm guessing it isn't being streamed at a reasonable
bit-rate but rather transmitted at full-rate like any other static file would be. If that's
the case, your bandwidth (and Tomcat's time) are being spent on bulky video transmissions
rather than serving up pages. I'd recommend taking a different approach, like using a content-aware
streaming package or maybe even offloading the video to a third-party network (e.g. YouTube).

- Milo Hyson
Chief Scientist
CyberLife Labs, Inc.