tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Danilo Amaral de Oliveira <danilo.olive...@energisa.com.br>
Subject Configuring limits of requests/sessions/threads in Tomcat
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 18:03:52 GMT
Hello Tomcat Community,

Next week we will deploy a institutional video to all company (more than 5k users) in a webpage
in an application manges by the Tomcat 7.0.40. I have made a stress test through JMeter, simulating
a lot of simultaneous access, and when the simultaneous access reaches 100 users the application
stop answering.

I would like to know if I can set a max number (80, for example) of requests (maxsession or
threads, I dunno) in order to configure the tomcat to send a warning page advising the user
that the server is loaded and try again in few minutes if the limits reach the maximum value.

Danilo

[cid:image72e789.PNG@aee38af6.49ba1aa3]

Danilo A. Oliveira

Analista Suporte Aplicacao TI - DPTO CORP. DE INFRAESTR. TI
e-mail: danilo.oliveira@energisa.com.br | tel: (32) 3429-6342 | cel: (32) 8452-9478

Esta mensagem contém informação confidencial. Se você a recebeu por engano, não divulgue
ou copie seu conteúdo. Por favor, avise ao remetente imediatamente e apague-a do computador.
Privileged and confidential. If this message has been received by mistake, do not disclose
or copy its contents. Please notify sender and delete immediately.