tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Berg, James" <jb...@ets.org>
Subject tomcat 7 Manager access
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:30:17 GMT

When I try to navigate to the any of the Manager links from the first page, I get a login
popup. I have tried all of the usernames in the tomcat-users.xml and all I get back is a fresh
login popup.  It looks like there is a bug in the org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester
for 7.0.52 which is stopping the Memory User Database Realm from loading.  Before I unjar
the tomcat-util.jar file.  Is there something that I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Jim

Tomcat 7.0.52  port 8181.

Java 7 u51

Tomcat-users.xml

                <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-16'?>
<tomcat-users>
<role rolename="tomcat"/>
<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<role rolename="manager-script"/>
<role rolename="manager-status"/>
<role rolename="manager-jmx"/>
<user username="tcmanagerg" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,manager-gui"/>
<user username="tcmanagersc" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,manager-script"/>
<user username="tcmanagerst" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,manager-status"/>
<user username="tcmanagerj" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,manager-jmx"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
</tomcat-users>

Catalina log messages about errors:

Multiple instances of this:

Mar 24, 2014 1:35:21 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester fatalError
SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 28 column 3: The string "--" is not permitted within comments.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 28; columnNumber: 3; The string "--" is not permitted
within comments.

Finally get this:

SEVERE: Failed to start "org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm/1.0" realm
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [Realm[UserDatabaseRealm]]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information.
 It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly.
 If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute,
or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it fromyour
system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.