tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael L Apperson <Michael_L_Apper...@raytheon.com>
Subject MBean register error in Tomcat 7
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:46:04 GMT
I am running a Tomcat 7.0.27 web server on Redhat EL 2.6.32 X86-64 Linux OS with Java
1.7.0_45 and seeing a very unusual error in my web app.
The web.xml for the web app defines a startup servlet with a property of "load on startup"

and this servlet extends HttpServlet and implements the init() method.
Within the init method a callout is made to a static method in a utility class
which initializes a JMS connection to a WebLogic app server hosted on the network.

The error below occurs when the web app is started.
I can remove the JMS utility class initialization from the servlet init context and
relocate into the servlet business code in the doGet() method and the errors don't occur;
web app responds normally.
It is preferable to perform the JMS init within the servlet init to identify external service
problems up front,
but I have been unable to resolve this error.

I found a blog on the subject which recommended adding
grant {
permission javax.management.MBeanTrustPermission "register";
};  to the conf/catalina.policy file. Tried this and was no help.

It is also curious that the container would attempt to register the web app as an MBean,
since the app is not JMX compliant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stack trace of error:
&#12288;
org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.Registry registerComponent
SEVERE: Error registering
Standalone:type=JspMonitor,name-jsp,Webmodule=/localhost/MyTestApp,J2EEApplication=none,J2EEServer=none
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied("javax.management.MBeanTrustPermissin"
"register")
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:372)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermissions(SecurityManager.java:585)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.checkMBeanTrustPermission(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1848)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.registerMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:322)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.registerMBean(JmxMBeanServer.java:522)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.Registry.registerComponent(Registry.java:742)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1097)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5015)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5302)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LIfecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1556)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

thanks in advance