tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ravi Gupta <rkgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject $CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml .. restrict a context?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 22:10:12 GMT
Tomcat 6.X
RHEL

I tried adding the below in order to limit access to /admin-console

It worked, but it limits access to EVERY context, which is odd. I am sure I
am doing something wrong or I misunderstand how this works

I want to put restrictions on the /admin-console context, but I do not want
it inside the admin-console.war

 Again, this works, but other contexts are denied as well!

<Context path="/admin-console">

  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"

          deny="*" />

</Context>