tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checking to see if a Tomcat context is alive or hung
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2014 15:22:30 GMT
On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 10:16 AM, James H. H. Lampert
<jamesl@touchtonecorp.com> wrote:
> I've been asked to come up with a command-line (or batch job) utility
> (running on an AS/400) to check, programmatically, whether a Tomcat context
> that's part of one of our products is alive and accepting connections, or
> hung.

> Any suggestions?

Unless you're committed to rolling your own solution, how about
NewRelic <https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/java/new-relic-for-java>

( Disclaimer: I haven't used the java agent myself, just their Rails
agent, but that's great even at the free account level. YMMV. )

http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan