tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue <donahu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat-user versus StackOverflow
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:58:09 GMT
On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm finding a lot of questions lately posted simultaneously to both
> tomcat-user and to StackOverflow. How does the Tomcat community feel
> about that?
>
> Any opinions?
>
> - -chris
>
> I don't prefer sites that require I have an account to log in.  I don't
see a benefit to it nor do I care about badges either.

There are too many sites to remember all those log ins. I prefer the list,
or things like lists.  Or like Mr. Wood, I comb through those sites if I
have to.

However, this kind of thing happens on other sites in which I participate.
A user wants an answer to their question and casts a net in several
different forums on the same site.  It doesn't help them and it makes
searching for the answer harder because the keywords are now in several
different forum areas and maybe the answer came in only one of those forum
areas.