tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool Resource Name Issue
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 14:12:30 GMT
On Mar 3, 2014, at 7:04 PM, Scott Dudley <scott@telesoft.com> wrote:

> I'm using the Tomcat JDBC connection pool on apache-tomcat-7.0.30.
>
> My context xml resource name is as follows:
>
> <Resource name="jdbc/mypool" ...
>
> When running under Tomcat, calling ConnectionPool.getName() from my custom JdbcInterceptor
returns "Tomcat Connection Pool[1-992158371]”.

This appears to be the default name used by the pool.

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/modules/jdbc-pool/src/main/java/org/apache/tomcat/jdbc/pool/PoolProperties.java

> Under JSE (a stand-alone main), it returns the expected value "jdbc/mypool”.

How are you configuring it?  Did you call “setName” when configuring it?

> Why is my resource name ignored or otherwise not used when running under the container?

This seems to be the default behavior for jdbc-pool.  Have you tried setting the “object_name”
attribute to “jdbc/mypool” on your Resource tag?  Looking at the DataSourceFactory code,
this seems to call “setName” with that value.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/modules/jdbc-pool/src/main/java/org/apache/tomcat/jdbc/pool/DataSourceFactory.java

Dan